Click on the link below if you have any questions regarding travel, site seeings and vacationing spots
Download the 2019 Global Law and Order report (Egypt has been placed among top 10 safest countries worldwide)
"Egypt's strong disease surveillance system and contact tracing efforts have proven effective in controlling managing sporadic and clusters of case before they can spred"-WHO Technical Delegation
Being the first Arab and African Embassy to open in Stockholm since 1937, the Egyptian Embassy has made it a priority to develop and to maintain a strong relationship between Egypt and Sweden. The Egyptian embassy in Stockholm provides consular services to the Egyptians who reside in Sweden and Latvia as well as consular services pertain to trade and cooperation. The Embassy offers a wide range of services and seeks to encourage tourism and investment in Egypt. It is our hope that you will find the website helpful in answering your questions and that you will come to visit our embassy.
is the official and exclusive online portal for issuing a Visa to Egypt Online. Other websites are being reported consecutively by the Egyptian competent authorities and are considered as scam.
Example of Fraud websites can be found below:
Regulations for the Resumption of Cultural Tourism to Egypt as of September 1, 2020
I- Regulations for Tourism Activities
All types of tourism activities, related to cultural tourism will operate with a maximum of 50% of their total capacity.
II- Regulations for the Means of Transportation for Tourists (bus, limousine, golf cars)
• All means of transportation for tourists will operate with a maximum of 50% of their total capacity; leaving a vacant seat next to each passenger on the bus and in golf cars, with a maximum of two passengers in a limousine.
• Passengers and drivers are required to wear face masks at all times during the journey.
• Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are provided; thorough cleaning, disinfection, and proper ventilation is carried out before and after each trip.
III. Regulations for Tourist Groups Visiting Archaeological Sites and Museums
• All museums and archeological sites (open for visitors) will receive Egyptians and tourists as of September 1, 2020.
• All touchpoints and floors in museums and visitor centers in archeological sites are disinfected daily before opening hours.
• Tourist groups are not to exceed 25 people in museums and archeological sites.
• Tour guides are required to wear face masks and use audio equipment inside museums. Earpieces are sterilized after each use.
• Tourism companies are to provide face masks to tourists and drivers.
• Temperature of employees is checked daily (and visitors before entering museums and indoor archeological sites).
• Safe physical distancing is maintained (at least 1 meter).
• The maximum number of visitors allowed inside museums and indoor archeological sites is:
§ 100 visitors per hour in all museums (200 visitors per hour in the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir).
§ 10 - 15 visitors inside any pyramid or tomb (depending on its dimensions).
• Schools, universities, and governmental organizations’ trips must be pre-notified to archeological sites and museums, at least 48 hours prior to the planned visit, with no more than 15 persons per trip, with a maximum of 5 trips per day.
IV. Floating Hotels
Floating Hotels are not allowed to operate any Nile Cruises before the beginning of October 2020.